Updating apps etc

Coming out of genealogy and blogging hibernation means I've missed loads of app updates, new apps, great blog posts, educational videos, and well, new everything.

I'm spending lots of time reading up on understanding DNA results, learning how to figure out how people match, and making lots of notes. Which led me to realize I have Evernote, why the heck am I not using it. So, I had to get a few updates, but I'm back in the note taking swing of things. Can I say I love all the Evernote templates out in the genealogy world.

I also updated my laptop software, Reunion for Mac. Wow, so many great new features and it looks cleaner than the older version I was using.


I had enrolled my grandfather in Jones Y-DNA group so I'm untangling all that info. Because tracing Jones lines is so much fun I just had to jump into the deep end of that pool. 

And holy moly Thru Lines and Color Coding in the last 24 hours.

But, after my self imposed hibernation my brain is enjoying all the new information, even if it daunting.

So, I'll keep plugging along and getting used to all the new tools, and still relying on good ol' pen and paper when I need dig deep into a problem.

Comments

  1. Family trees are most important to future generations than the current as some families does not have record of all their family history. Family tree diagrams are the best way to illustrate family history.
    You can create family tree charts using family tree maker . Find more family tree templates in the diagram community of
    Creately online diagramming and collaboration software.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts