Picture Mystery Solved

Below is a picture that I have of unknown ancestors. Well, they were unknown to me and the little piece of paper that was taped to the back that listed these people had long since fell off. The picture was in with all of the Lloyd/Adams papers and pictures so I figured they were somehow related to that line. When I was last in Wilcox county Alabama I did drive around looking to see if there was a porch that had the same wood work pattern as shown in the picture, no luck.

Left to right, front row: Mrs. William Eugene Lloyd, 
Claudia Lloyd Stanford, William Lloyd Lazenby, 
Martha Barge Reynolds. Back Row: Ella Lloyd Lazenby, 
William Holt Lloyd, Mary Frances Reynolds Lloyd, 
Emma Reynolds Lloyd, Emma Reynolds Smith, 
James H. Reynolds, Harry Lazenby.

This month I finally made a trip to Salt Lake City for a few days of family history fun. While searching for more information about my ancestors in the Wilcox County Heritage book I found my picture printed. Yep, I almost fell out of my chair and I did want to jump up and down with joy.

My little mystery is finally solved, the bearded, balding man on the left is William Holt Lloyd (1841-1912), brother to my great great grandfather James B. Lloyd (Mr. J.B as he was known is mentioned in several of my earlier blog posts). Yeaaaaaaaa. I finally have names to put to the picture, and I only had to travel to Salt Lake City to find him. Now that I do have a name for him I can see the family resemblance when I look at pictures of J.B. Lloyd.

I have a few more finds I'll post over the next couple of weeks.

Comments

  1. What a great find. I wish I could get a eureka moment and find the names on some of my own unknown family photos.

    Regards, Jim
    Hidden Genealogy Nuggets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts